Monday, May 24, 2010

My Photos



The main subject in the photo is the small creek near my house. I took this picture because I love outdoor and water scenes. This photo reminds me of the beauty in the nature around me. I have drawn the eye to the creek by putting it in the dead center. This photo uses the concepts of leading lines to let the viewer's eye span the entire length of the creek. If I could, I would improve the photo by moving the cat out of it, or changing the position it is in.




The main subject in this photo is the person whom the portrait is of; Kyle. I like this photo because it reminds me of the bus ride to the speech competition: cold and quiet, but very serene and pleasant. This photo uses the concepts of leading lines (The window slat) and rule of thirds to draw attention to the subject.












The main subject in this photo is the rightmost statue. I took this picture because I found it very interesting, the ceramic heads in a row. The photo focuses attention on the subject by being very close to the subject. There is an example of the leading lines concept, and the long, harsh lighting adds to the effect of the "all in a row" look. To improve this photo, I would have eliminated the clutter in the left bottom corner and perhaps changed the lighting on the subject head to be less dark and undefined on the left and less washed-out on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment