Wednesday, May 26, 2010

This is (a semester of) My Life

These last couple of months have been quite interesting for me. A wealth of new experiences and events occurred in my life.















The winter of the new year was one of the worst I've ever experienced. Nearly constant snowfall and cold temperatures caused lots of snow days, late starts and early outs.




















Early in the year, I participated in speech. While I didn't advance on, my friends' choral reading group made it to All-State, which is a great honor.















One of the big experiences of this semester was getting a job. I began working at Grassroots Cafe, Price Lab/Northern University High's cafeteria.















I participated in drama for the first time this year. I was a chorus member in the musical "Once Upon a Mattress." It was a lot of fun dressing up, singing, and dancing.















Strike night was very entertaining as well. It was sad to take down the set we worked so hard to build, but the party made up for it.















Spring finally came, and I spent much of spring break outside, taking pictures of my one-acre yard.


I always had a companion with me. Our outdoor cats loved to follow me around.











I participated in the Cyber Defense Competition in Ames. It involved a lot of computer knowledge, hacking, and free food. Our school won first place!


























I went to Northern University High's prom with my boyfriend Mason, and a group of us ate dinner at the lamppost beforehand.















I also went to prom with my friends in my old town, Urbandale. It was very good to see my old friends again, and all get our hair done together.

No comments:

Post a Comment